As your business grows, it may be time to consider retirement planning for both you and your employees. At BSNB Financial Services*, we can provide the guidance and support necessary to evaluate your options and establish a plan that meets your needs.
What is an employer sponsored retirement plan?
Generally, an employer sponsored retirement plan is a savings plan that an employer offers to the company’s employees. Voluntary contributions to the plan may be deducted from the employee’s paycheck offering a systematic way to save. The employer may match all or part of the employee’s contribution up to a certain level. Funds grow tax deferred in the plan and the employee does not pay taxes on earnings1 until they withdraw funds, usually during retirement.
What types of plans are available?
Our Infinex Financial Consultant can help you identify the plan that most closely meets your needs. We’ll help you consider the number of employees who may be eligible to participate, the investment options that are available, whether you’d like to make employer contributions and whether employees will have the opportunity to contribute.
Two of the most popular options are the SEP IRA and the 401(k).
- May be most appropriate for self-employed individuals and smaller businesses
- Employer only contributions
- May be most appropriate for larger businesses with more employees
- Employer and/or employee may contribute
* Investment and insurance products and services are offered through INFINEX INVESTMENTS, INC. Member FINRA/SIPC. BSNB Financial Services is a trade name of Ballston Spa National Bank. Infinex and Ballston Spa National Bank are not affiliated. Products and services made available through Infinex are not insured by the FDIC or any other agency of the United States and are not deposits or obligations of nor guaranteed or insured by any bank or bank affiliate. These products are subject to investment risk, including the possible loss of value.
1We do not provide tax advice and investors are advised to consult their tax advisor for their particular situation.
At BSNB Financial Services, our financial planner professionals are ready to comprehensively look at your unique goals and objectives and help you develop solutions for getting to where you want to be.
Stephan Scribner, CFP®
Infinex Financial Consultant
BSNB FINANCIAL SERVICES
990 State Route 67
Ballston Spa, NY 12020
Stephan Scribner, CFP®
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, Certified Financial PlannerTM and CFP® in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements.